Standing in the Fire of Your Truth in The Great Smokey Mountains
July 20, 2018 | Seven Springs Retreat Center, Maryville, Tennessee
When you courageously stand in the fire of your truth and gain clarity on what you are awakening within each moment, you can then consciously create and imbue that truth in all that you do and all that you are.
Carolyn Little, MA, Yoga & Meditation Facilitator, and Yona FrenchHawk, Cherokee Elder, Wisdom Keeper & Ceremonialist are coming together to hold space for you to journey deep within, to listen, to honor your ancestral lineages, and to receive the guidance of your own deep inner knowing.
When: July 20 – 22, 2018
During this retreat you will:
- Explore the “spirit of Aliveness” of all beings – stone, plant, creature, and to every human being on this planet.
- Sit in silence to observe every detail.
- Honor your feelings (inner-truth), trust your instinct (inner-guidance), and re-establish your inherent ability to perceive.
- Re-balance the feminine and masculine energies within and around us.
- Restore shattered trust in our current society.
- Awaken with daily meditation and yoga.
- Purify in the womb of mother earth with 2 sweat lodge ceremonies.
- Receive the Cherokee traditions, teachings, and stories.
- Nourish with delicious, vibrant, vegetarian meals.
- Enjoy quality time with friends and mother nature to reflect, relax, and restore.
ACCOMMODATIONS & PRICING
Price includes 2 nights lodging, 6 meals (Friday dinner, 3 meals on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday), and all activities (sweat lodge, yoga, ceremonies).
- BYO Camping: Bring your own tent & bedding – $295
- Glamping: Sleeps 2, platform tent provided – $335
- Shared Yurt: Sleeps 4, bedding provided – $365
- Shared Yurt: Sleeps 2, bedding provided – $395
- Private Yurt: Bedding provided – $495
- Commuter Rate: Includes all meals and activities – $275
$100 Non-refundable deposit can hold your place.
About Yona FrenchHawk
Yona FrenchHawk is a full-blooded Cherokee Wisdom Keeper and Ceremonialist that was born and raised on the Qualla Indian Boundary located in the Great Smoky Mountains in Cherokee, NC. Also known as the Cherokee Indian Reservation. He grew up in harmony with the land gathering wild greens, roots for basket dyes, fishing, trapping and learning the ways of his ancestors. There are less than 300 Full-Blooded Cherokee that remain who speak and write the Cherokee Language out of a documented 30,000 enrolled members in the federally recognized Eastern Band of North Carolina and Western Band of Oklahoma. To keep this tradition alive.
Yona is honored to journey the bridge from the ancient past to the ancient future which is in constant need of support. Yona is a well respected ceremonial leader and shares the meaning of the Sweat Lodge ceremony as a way of life as it was shared with him by his Grandfather. Yona‘s Great, Great, Grandfather, Yonaguska, was Chief of the Cherokee during the time of The Trail of Tears. And led the remaining Cherokee to hide in the mountains from the armies looking to move them west.
Much like his historic ancestors, Yona shares in the vision of the Cherokee Prophecy, alive in today’s Seventh Generation. This generation is the core essence of all the generations that have come before and connects us all as indigenous people to represent one tribe. We are all one indigenous tribe of the Turtle Island.
Carolyn’s multidisciplinary approach to wellness, empowerment, and leadership blends her experience nationally and internationally in social justice, sustainability and public health with techniques in meditation, movement and integrative nutrition providing a unique opportunity for students to mindfully learn to love, heal, and live fully with vitality, ease and grace.
Her unique journey has led her to study with indigenous Elders from Columbia, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico, and North American (including the tribes of Cherokee, Lakota, Anishinaabe, and Cree). Carolyn is a catalyst in bridging these ancient traditions with modern technology across various spaces from yoga studios to western medical and corporate settings, imparting the philosophies of holistic healing, earth based traditions, and the subtle skills of self inquiry and interpersonal relationship.