Almond Milk Recipe
click on any image to enlarge
After posting about the amazing Immunity Milk by LaLaEarth that I use (check out her products here), many of you asked for my homemade almond milk recipe so here it is!
Trust me, once you start making your own you will never want to buy store bought again! (yes, it’s that good!)
- 1 C of Raw (organic) Almonds soaked overnight
- 3.5 – 4 C Filtered water
- 2-3 Dates
- Either 1-2 Vanilla beans or 1-2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Himalayan Salt
- Soak the almonds over night.
- Discard the water and rinse almonds.
- Add them with all the ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Blend on high (30 seconds to 1 min) so it’s a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour the almond milk into a nut milk bag over a large bowl.
- Squeeze all the liquid out until dense chunks of the almond meal are left in the bag.
- Pour the milk from the bowl into a glass container that can be sealed tight.
- Almond milk lasts about 4 days in the refrigerator.